2010/04/01

godsend!

A wonderful and easy tool found on the internet makes me happy!

Well, I somehow overcame my painting blockade by halving the number of space marines on my painting desk. I've read a lot of this very nice articles about how to keep painting and how to overcome such blockades and I must say, by splitting up the things that need to be done it is much more easier!

But nevertheless this article is about something else namely a gift from heaven.
I am using different methods to hold my miniatures while painting and I am doing that for a long time now. Usually my favorite tools have been some old cork from wine bottles and old GW paint pots. And they worked well for most of the times, (e.g. for a dreadnought I used something else) but a few days ago I accidentally  saw a new idea while surfing through different blogs. I don't remember the picture I was looking at, but it was not about this mounting but about something absolutely different, the mounting was just in the background somewhere. I was flashed and gave it a try and I must say 'IT IS WONDERFUL', I am talking about this really easy idea of just using some tape to connect TWO of the GW painting pots.

Now I know what everybody will say 'is that guy insane, this is one of the easiest tricks ever, I am doing this for years,...' and yes it is but I never thought about it!
What makes this easy modification so wonderful for me? It is the size! You have a total different way of handling your miniature (see one of the pictures for a very nice pose). It really helps to calm your hand and to reduce the shaking.
Just brilliant!

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Space Hulk Enthusiast said...

I use the top of spray paint cans. Works prefectly for anything 40mm and smaller.
Plus you have a little space on the top should you need to clear some paint from your brush and have nowhere else to do it quickly.

1/4/10 14:28  
Blogger Gewaltatron said...

Hi Ron,
yeah I also did use the top of a spray, it is very nice thats right. I also used something similar for my dreadnought! The nice thing about the two pots taped together is that it is so high an fits perfectly in my hand.

cheers

1/4/10 16:14  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home