2010/01/18

Rearranging & Map-Test

As mentioned in the last blog one of the main reasons why our campaign has not started yet is that one of our players is not participating any more. The last days I spent a lot of time taking a look at the 'Mighty Empires' and 'Planetary Empires' expansions of GW, in some WDs. And without knowing the exactly rules (at least not for 'mighty empires') I thought of planing a mapbased campaign for the rest of us 3 players. But since I have currently no money (as mentioned last time) I will not be able to buy me any of those two expansions and so I started creating my own map. This map turned out pretty well and I think I will start creating some campaign rules in the next days. The map was done with Gimp and contains 32 Hex-tiles, I was not sure about the number of tiles so I randomly took 32 because this number of tiles fitted best. Icons for infrastructure and the armies have to be produced as well. I will do this after talking to the other two players.

One advantage of this computer generated map is, that I will be able to put it online and the other players  will be able to see it anytime and everybody else who wants to.

So here is the test map. Comments are welcome (as always)





Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello, this looks very well. Can you maybe write a tutorial for making those maps? I think a lot of gaminggroups in the world would like this...

26/1/10 09:56  
Blogger Gewaltatron said...

Hi there, I will try to do it at the weekend or beginning of next week.

26/1/10 11:03  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home